Employment & Onboarding
One of the most important aspects is finding good employees. Simply put, finding the right people is what makes or breaks your success. My HR offers implements processes for hiring right the first time. you or we can create a custom job board and assist with screening candidates. Don’t want the hassle? Hire us to find the right person for your business needs.
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Employee Handbooks and Onboarding Packages
- Free and low-cost job posting ad sources
- Assistance with interviewing candidates
- Direct hire service for HR Professionals
Think you’ve found the right person? Maybe sure by conducting a basic background check and drug test. We will handle the details for you and give you the results. No hassle!
- Criminal background checks
- 5 and 10 panel drug tests
- Employment verifications
- Education verification
Did you know that effective employee recruitment is critical to the long term success of your company? It’s true. After all, if you don’t have the right people working for you, it will always be a struggle to accomplish your company goals. By focusing on employee recruitment in San Antonio and elsewhere, you can actually help your company succeed because recruitment has a big impact on all other HR functions from employee management to company culture.
If you aren’t able to bring in new employees who have the skills you need and the ability to function within your company structure, you will be forced to make do with less-than-ideal workers or face trying to bring in new talent far too often. Replacing employees is expensive, so it pays to get it right the first time.
Effective employee recruitment and retention go hand in hand. That’s because when you take the time to find employees that are the right fit instead of “close enough,” they are far more likely to remain with your company for a long time. If you need to improve your recruitment and retention efforts, you’re not alone. And today’s your lucky day. Below, you’ll find a few key ways that you can do just that.
For starters, you need to make sure that you know exactly what you’re looking for in a new employee and how to find the right candidate. For example, if you’re looking for somebody who is new the industry that you can mold, you may want to do some outreach through local universities or social media. If you’re looking for somebody who has been in the industry for a while, on the other hand, you will probably want to make use of different channels like industry conferences or industry specific magazines or publications.
Perhaps the best way to improve your employee recruitment and retention processes, however, is to make sure that all of your communication is clear, open, and honest. In today’s competitive market, employees — and potential employees — are looking for companies they can trust. That means making sure that what you tell them matches what they can find out for themselves when they inevitably look up your company online.
Developing a good employee recruitment process is one of the easiest ways to improve your company’s bottom line. After all, employee turnover has a significant impact on a variety of hard and soft costs including: recruitment time, search firm fees, onboarding and training, lost knowledge, overworked staff, and drops in morale and productivity.
Below are a few simple ways that you can develop a good employee recruitment process for your company.
- Create Effective Job Ads - Your ads should be personable and directed toward the individual by using words like you instead of phrases like “the ideal candidate.” You should also provide potential candidates with clear, specific details about the job so that they know exactly what would be expected of them.
- Expand Your Search in the Right Areas - As mentioned above, you’ll need to conduct your search in the areas your ideal candidate may be looking. Some areas you may consider including in your search include Facebook, Linkedin, Indeed, industry specific job sites, and more.
- Build Talent Pipelines - If you have hard to fill positions or positions with high turnover, you may want to have some ongoing recruitment efforts in place instead of waiting until you need to fill one of these positions.
Armed with the above knowledge, get out there and find the right people for your company. Of course, employee recruitment in San Antonio can take a lot of time and effort, and sometimes you can’t handle it in house. So, if the entire recruitment process is more than you can handle at this time, you can hire a company like My HR Consulting to do some or all of your recruitment and screening for you.